Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Tough Decision

Okay, so here was my original plan:

  Take this old barn you see below, clean it out (and I mean sanitize the heck out of it! ) and finish it out. But, after moving the rabbits and chickens over to the lean-to, I found that it was nastier than I thought... The baseboards are rotting out, and that would certainly be an issue. So, after talking with my parents, we decided that it would be best to rip it down and salvage as much as possible.


A 10x16 barn... it's gotta be as old as our house, which is around 100 years.



Take a look at that awesome roof! Apart from the cob webs and dirt-dobber nests, I think it looks pretty cool.

And the inside, which is trashed. We've already scrapped out most of the hay and put it on the garden beds. But, obviously there's more work to be done!

It almost seems like a shame to rip down this old piece of history. But, as I said, I'm going to salvage as much as possible. That way, I can use the cool old wood in my new home. So, I see it as giving this ol' trusty barn a new life. It's gonna be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment