Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Colors, Colors Everywhere



 When I ordered my house, there were several things I had to decide on, such as paint colors, roofing and window placement. The paint and roofing were included in the cost, as well as two windows. I added a nice 9-light door like this one, instead of the original barn-style door.



.perfection...not too small, not too large-just right. Looks very South Carolina
-source-

I also knew that I wanted a metal roof, so I could collect rainwater eventually. But the hardest part was picking my colors! There are so many colors, how could I choose? I originally thought of going with white siding and a dark roof. Similar to this house. But then I was concerned that a dark roof would cause the house to be hot in the summer. I cleared my canvas and started fresh. We went to Lowe's and looked at all the color choices... That was overwhelming! I picked out several colors, but kept going back to the blue hues. I just wasn't sure...

A little blue cottage
-source-

Then I found this picture! A cute little blue cottage. I love it. Blue siding with white trim and a gray roof! Exactly what I was imagining!

The builders use Sherwin-Williams paint, so I went to the paint store to pick out my exact colors. I settled on this...

Tantalizing Teal paint color SW 6937 by Sherwin-Williams. View interior and exterior paint colors and color palettes. Get design inspiration for painting projects.

They call it "Tantalizing Teal". A little bold? Maybe. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment